Saturday 26 January 2013

a great time was had by...well me!


I was sent to manchester this term..no I didn't do anything bad. I was representing my course at a UCAS design your future fair. Manchester is a great city...there is so much to do and see, the music and cloths are partially great..vintage dress shops to rival any.

Jazz bar in the Northern quarter

Vintage shop of my dreams


But this trip was made insanely good by meeting an stop-motion animation god...know as Barry Purves. I think I held myself together rather well  despite melting inside. This visit was put together by a good friend of mine who had already previously met Mr. Purves at BAF film festival...It must be said that Barry Purves is an insanely lovely man, who shoed us around his studio gave us free reign to photograph and hold many of the puppet and props on his new children's TV series Toby's Traveling circus, which is stunning by the way!


however I don't think i'll ever live down the fact when asked if I wanted to know anything, I asked what the popcorn in the beautifully crafted old fashioned popper was made of and he replied "pop corn". doh!




But moving on from that, I managed a sneaky interview with him for my dissertation. He also signed my copy of his book 'the basic of stop-motion' which has been like my bible over the dissertation months of my life. This was a great visit, the city is perfection and there may be work there one day! and once again I REALLY NEED BUSINESS CARDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment